Here are six of my presentations for Fall 2014. Some are public events that anyone can attend.
1) Hinsdale Central High School: I just presented to 3,100 students and staff at Hinsdale Central in Illinois. Hinsdale Central can feel like a high achievement, high pressure school and I challenged the students to go beyond their test scores. Their principal made the above poster after my presentation.
2) Regional Superintendent of Schools: I’m doing a keynote for 1,200 educators with the Illinois Regional Superintendent of Schools on December 9. This is a public event.
3) Florida Virtual School Annual Conference: Am really looking forward to this keynote to 2,000 educators on October 1. FLVS is the largest online high school in the country with over 220,000 students last year; they offer three Mawi Learning classes. This is a public event.
4) Latin School: This will be my third year in a row presenting to the Latin School in Chicago; they read my memoir each year in their middle school, and I also train their high school student leaders. For my student speeches, I mainly speak at schools that read one of my books or use one of our leadership classes.
5) Oneida-Madison Counties: On November 13, I’ll train teachers from nine districts in New York. This will be a professional development keynote based on our 5 Powers of an Educator book/framework.
6) Princeton Schools: Mawi Learning has worked with the Princeton, NJ schools for about ten years now. This year we will focus on integrating the research on Growth Mindset and Grit into their schools.
Like this post? Post Comment. Subscribe to blog at the top of this page.